This is the GDD of my game ‘Edge of Samsara’
On the top of the page are the 6 main tabs:
The instructions to my blog, the page you are currently reading.
- The pit and the Pendulum: This page is about how this book inspired me and the directions I chose to go with.
- What is a ”Soul”: This page is about the research I found on souls, including people’s opinions and general terminologies of it.
- Buddhism: This page is about the research on Buddhism, including Bhavacakra & Samsara and Tibetan Buddhism.
- Animism: This page is about the research on Animism for example Bon.
- Ancient Tibet(9th century): This page is about the research on culture (clothing, language, music), item(armour and weapon) and environment(Architecture and locations).
- Character: This page is about the research on two main characters: Lhalung Pelgyi Dorje and Lang Darma
Ideation & Development:
- Initial Plot: This page is about the first plot of my game
- Development: This page is about my thinking and developing process from 0 to the start of GDD.
- Reflections: This page is about the reflections on character and environment.
- Game Overview: This page is about the overview of my game
- Design goals: This page is about my design goals, major and minor I picked for my game.
- Mechanics & Gameplay: This page is about how my game works and how they look like in the game.
- Values & Control scheme: This page is about the values in the game and made two control schemes for my game
- Concepts: This page is about the work of Concept Arts, Narrative, Game World, Character Design (evil, neutral and good).
- Animation: This page is about my first prototype.
- Particles: This page is about my second prototype.
My contact details.